Las Vegas, Nevada
Resolved

Besides the minor problems of incredibly itchy sheets and one very rude front desk girl...There was someone in the hotel smearing fecal matter all over the elevators.SERIOUSLY, there was A LOT of *** behind the blankets hanging on the elevator walls.

It took the hotel an entire day to get around to cleaning it, although they were aware of the problem since early morning. In the mean time they didn't bother to shut down the elevator, just let people ride on it unaware of what was causing the repulsive rankness. I personally asked the staff why the elevator wasn't disabled and their response was, "too much traffic". I called an elevator up in the late afternoon, when the offensive elevator responded the poor maintenance man scrambled out of it for fresh air.

He was almost in tears describing the disgusting mess he was cleaning that had caused the suffocating smell all day. The next day I was doing laundry and when I retrieved my clothes from the dryer I discovered that someone had put *** in the dryer with my clothes while I was in my room. Obviously it was disgusting and beyond comprehension in repulsiveness. Once again, the hotel left the laundry room accessible to the public placing an "out of order" sign on the offensive dryer.

Management didn't do much of anything about our situation. We travel for business most of the year and are Platinum SPG members, spending more time in their hotels than at home. We had been in the hotel 3 weeks at this point (if you stay 30 days you get state tax back). We felt it was reasonable to ask that a week of our month long stay be compensated; being that we spent a week dealing with the two incidents and the ensuing repercussions.

Although I used to love working at an Aloft and met my fiancé while doing so, I will NEVER stay in an Aloft again. As a matter of fact we have decided to spend our 10 months a year at Marriott and Hilton rather than stay at an SPG property ever again.

We have been faithful patrons, spending tens of thousands of dollars a year.However, due to their neglect in handling these situations we lost all faith in the SPG brand.

Had an Experience with Starwood?

Comments

You should have contacted your Ambassador or the Corp customer service line...seems like you expected them to know.

Just because you're a Platinum member doesn't mean they know everything. If you want satisfaction, how will you achieve complaining on a board that most likely none will ever see?

Seems like you just wanted to whine and be kowtowed to instead of actually making a report to corporate services who are there for that very reason.

to Anonymous #1017617

I did contact the customer service line. Thank you for that brilliant suggestion!

Hthrsly
to Anonymous #1017621

And also...Isn't that the whole purpose of this website?For pissed consumers to whine?

It's actually in the site name.So again...thank you for the brilliant observation.

Mister Mike
to Anonymous Newark, California, United States #1044576

No one will ever see?I just checked this site to look at reviews for Starwood Hotels and Resorts before I paid to reserve and stay there.

Needless to say I will not be staying at this place due entirely to this person's negative review.

A lot of people visit sites like this.Why did Angie's list sell for hundreds of millions of dollars if nobody visits sites that complain about businesses!

Tyler, Texas, United States #703171

I did not contact the ambassador.I was upset with the hotel because I feel they were negligent in handling the cleanup and quarantine of hazardous areas.

I don't feel that is a a good way to keep loyal customers loyal.I still have not stayed in an spg property since this stay 4 years ago.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #703161

I have two questions...

Did you contact your ambassador?

Why would you be upset with the hotel if the issue was some guest that doesn't understand the use of bathroom facilities?

Cleaning up bio hazardous waste is a very exacting science. But not knowing if there was extenuating circumstances, I really can't argue why the elevator was not locked off

to Anonymous Tyler, Texas, United States #703175

I also feel they could have done more, or anything at all to appease us. Hotel points, comped rates for those two days, clothes reimbursement.....anything...but nothing was done. I don't feel that is a a good way to keep loyal customers loyal.

I still have not stayed in an spg property since this stay 4 years ago.